Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm not a celebrity get me in there

Ever since I knew the line up for this years 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' I was salivating at the prospects of a great jungle frolic this year.

Unfortunately after just one episode I am foaming at the mouth in anger and disappointment at all but one of the contestants. I watched the show as I do most programmes now with one eye on twitter to see if I am the only one incensed by what seems a lack of personality. Don't the words Celebrity and personality go hand in hand? Even Ant and Dec were below par and it took a little over a minute for the first lunch box gag to come out. That is sooooo 90's and if anything a little derogatory to Linford Christie to be remembered for little else (or should I say big) other than being blessed with a javelin stuffed down his lycra. Could explain why he was so crap at hurdles and opted for the hundred metres instead. Poor little old Colin Jackson hey.

Back to the jungle, why in Tarzans name would you ask a nutritionist who is afraid of insects to go into the jungle. Yes I know producers probably thought it might just make good TV but screamed "GET ME OUT OF HERE" at the first attempted bush tucker trial. Producers, please let her out of there. I had high hopes for Shaun Ryder but it looks as if he has about as much personality as a turd on Gillian's inspection table. Lembit Opik is even more annoying than he was when he was a politician, now incidentally he is a comedian, so no real career change there then. The only good thing about him being in there is the fact that he annoys Nigel Havers even more than us viewers.

Britt Ekland (Well at least the 20% real bits of her left) seems to be an OK person, a bit like Kim Woodworm from last year, perhaps her and Nigel Havers might hit it off, if not it's someone to do the laundry while you're away from the Mrs. Sheryl Gascoigne? What's that all about, what has she done except been beaten up by an alcoholic husband. More appropriate deserving candidates down the women's rescue centre on a Sunday morning I would of thought. Don't get me started on Aggro. Loved Kayla line about what her Mum taught her about having to eat something you don't like, "Put it in your mouth, chew it and swallow it like a pill". Are you sure that wasn't Hugh Hefners advice?
The true star of show one was without doubt Stacey Solomon, what you see is always what you get, a natural likable down to earth girl with a true zest for life and try anything attitude. I must say it she had a busy first day which included eating a penis smaller than Aggros, sat on a chopper and had a jump with a guy from behind. She more than made up for all the other boring jungle mates, let's give them the benefit of the doubt for day 1 of 21 and put it down to nerves. Go Stacey, go Stacey, I mean, stay Stacey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive